5 Benefits of a Morning Routine
Creating a morning routine that is dedicated to your self-care is a necessary component of your self-care regiment. Before we start pouring from ourselves to do everything for everyone else, we must fill our cup. When you find yourself running on empty, you will wonder how is that possible? Well, you needed to pour into yourself first then you would have enough fuel to keep going. A morning routine forces you to put yourself first by making time for yourself. Making time for yourself makes you take a pause to reflect on the decisions you make daily to ensure that it aligns with your own values and your highest self.
Here are 5 Benefits of Having a Morning Routine:
- Lowers Stress: You have an outlet on releasing tension that builds up overtime from all of your interpersonal relationships from your intimate, family and work life. By lowering your level of stress it means that you are able to add on years to your life. 60 to 80% of people who visit the hospital are visiting due to stress related diseases.
- Reduces Impulsive Behaviors & Decisions: When you add a morning routine into your day then you are being intentional and mindful of your thoughts. When you become more mindful of your thoughts then you are mindful of your behaviors and actions. This allows you to pause and think about the decisions you make. You will end up avoiding impulsive choices that do not align with your health and wellness.
- You Will Create Healthier Habits: When you become intentional about making time for yourself and your self-care then you will begin to make choices that continue to align with your highest self to make habits that will stick.
- Meetings Goals will become Second Nature: Habits are the key to being successful in achieving goals. Once you create and maintain a morning ritual then you can start to create new habits that will stay consistent with mastering your goals.
- You Set an Intention for How your Day Will Go: You know how you meet a person who can be mean and just say that they woke up on the wrong side of the bed? Well, you never have to be that person who woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Taking the morning to yourself each day will allow you to set an intention of how you want your day to go. If you get into a small accident or a dispute, you will be mindful enough to know it will not define your day.